The baby was ready too, however, the baby was not a girl. Dood was born that day. Folding cloth diapers, helping with bottles and supervising Dood became a regular part of my routine (I said a regular part of my routine, not a happy part of my routine, just to clarify mom, I'm not trying to glamorize things here!). He was adorable, even if he had chosen to be a boy. He was a huge part of my life. I was totally okay with having Dood around (although Mom might tell a different story...lol)
Fast forward now 31 years and Dood is a Dad and has his own life far away. I understand his need and desire for the life he has chosen. I am proud of the man he has grown up to be, but I miss Dood!
So here are my seven quick takes, on Dood, for this Friday, December 9:
- Born on a snowy December day in 1980
- Not a girl
- Towhead that has turned into a towhead with a red beard... go figure
- Spell Check does not like the term "Dood"
- Hates cold weather, despite being born in it
- Loves warm weather and running around in his underwear (hahaha...jk)
- An honor to have as a brother and a friend
- Deeply missed and loved.